As part of the project, a data centre was built up data centre that provide towns and villages with computer capacity and applications (electronic services, information systems) for securing their agendas and arranging requests from the public. DCOM lets local governments raise the standard of their services to a level that they would not be able to attain on their own meaning. Citizens and businesses can arrange their requests electronically.
PosAm is the leader of a consortium responsible for the DCOM project at the order of the association DEUS (DataCentre of electronisation of local governments in Slovakia), which was established jointly by the Association of Slovak Towns and Villages (ZMOS) and the Ministry of Finance of the Slovak Republic.
Benefits of project
DCOM greatly increases the level of IT infrastructure of towns and villages, improves the options to use information technologies for office workers, citizens and for the general public, but most of all it makes electronic services accessible to citizens. In short, DCOM means:
- New hardware and software in a single package. Towns and villages receive new computers, notebooks and printers. Everything is preinstalled with the necessary software – just connect them up and start to use. The service includes also professional support for users by way of a call centre.
- All services are electronic and interconnected. Thanks to electronic services and their connection to other systems of public administration, especially to the central register, the work of local government employees will be simpler, easier and more comfortable, and requests will be arranged faster.
- Compliance with legislative requirements. DCOM satisfies Slovak and European legislation so municipalities can be assured that all relevant legal obligations are met.
- More services for citizens. Services available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, over the internet, means citizens can arrange most of their affairs from the comfort of their own home or while on the road, whenever it suits them.
The project includes:
- The creation and implementation of electronic services of local government (eServices), which are available to users via web portals.
- Across-the-board extension to towns and villages.
As part of the project, the company PosAm acts in the role of system integrator responsible for:
- Establishing the infrastructures for operation of all information systems (date centre),
- Integration and connection of DCOM to referential registers (Register of natural persons, Register of legal entities, Cadaster, Register of addresses and others) and selected information systems of public administration,
- The co-existence of DCOM and current information systems of municipalities so that from their perspective it produces a single system via which all necessary functions are used,
- Support modules for operation of the whole solution, including the software for support staff and the call centre, municipality relations management system, billing, administration of access and rights, internal file storage, knowledge base and electronic education.
- Maintenance and problem-free operation of the whole solution, including operation and maintenance of the HW datacentre, maintenance of software solutions, end device support for municipalities, and the provision of call centre services for end users of municipalities.
More about project:
More about the state of IT in municipalities in the states of Eastern and Central Europe, trends and recommendations in an analysis of consulting company PAC Pierre Audoin Consultants (PAC):
One of the conclusions of the study:
"Cloud solutions and data centers could help to reduce costs and thus generate financial resources for further innovations into e-government solutions."
Director for public sector firstname.lastname@example.org